Our Occupational Therapist assists patients to maintain independence in the various facets of their lives. Occupational therapy assessments are offered as an in-hospital or community service. The following components are holistically assessed to ascertain the individual/family’s specific therapeutic needs:
- activities of daily living, such as dressing, washing, grooming
- instrumental activities such as money management, management of medication, household management
- purposeful/meaningful use of leisure time
- physical components such as upper limb strength, hand function, trunk stability, sitting and standing balance
- cognitive components such as orientation, memory, problem solving skills, analysis, judgement and reasoning
- environment, such as stairs, whether grab rails are required, or other devices
- seating and wheelchair assessment if necessary.