SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE
Dear Valued Patients & Families,
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, please note that in keeping with the Memorycare philosophy “to be with”, the practice is regarded as an essential medical service & will remain open unless otherwise specified.
We recommend out patients contact the practice manager to schedule telephone / online video consults, that will be billed as per normal sessions.
Please note that at least 24 hrs notice needs to be given if you would like to cancel your appointment. Appointments that are not cancelled before this 24 hr period will unfortunately be charged in full.
- Akeso Clinics & Netcare have restricted access to a single entry & exit point where staff check everyone’s temperate & track travel on a daily basis.
- Only essential (urgent) patients are admitted to clinics on a case by case basis.
- No inpatient visitors are permitted until further notice.
- Family Care Plan meetings for inpatients will be conducted by telephone using Zoom or Skype.
- Hand sanitizers are provided at reception & in all rooms.
- Adequate ventilation is prioritized.
- All relevant surfaces are sanitized twice a day.
- All outpatients & families will be contacted by phone before they attend appointments at Akeso Clinics to screen for International travel & flu-like symptoms.
- Those who have traveled abroad recently or have flu-like symptoms will be asked to remain at home for online video sessions.
If you have traveled abroad recently in the past 2 weeks, have been in contact with someone who has traveled abroad or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please inform us so that we can take necessary precautions & schedule online video sessions to assist
We trust you will understand during this challenging time ahead for all of us. Please do contact us directly if you have any queries.
This Notice will be updated in keeping with Local & National Guidelines.
Calm & Safe Wishes,
The Memorycare Team